Saturday, December 8, 2007

Temple Square at Christmas (2007)

Christy, Ryan and Madi


Madi and Frosty the Snowman

Norma, Tammy, Bob, Ryan, Madi, Christy and Avery

Since my mother (Norma) had never seen the lights at Temple Square, we went up to Salt Lake City, UT and spent several days looking at the lights, attending a broadcast of "The Spoken Word" and visiting the LDS Church Museum. Ryan, Christy, Madisen and Avery came down to spend time with us. During our stay Mom, Ryan and Christy were able to attend the SLC Temple. What a wonderful blessing! I am so proud of my mother for changing her lifestyle so that she could go to the Temple with her grandson and granddaughter.

We stayed at the Residence Inn close to Temple Square and Madi and I went outside to check out a snowman in front of the hotel.

As we toured the LDS Church Museum Madi and Bob were inseperable and they both had a hard time saying goodbye.

We had so much fun seeing the sights and just spending time together. Unfortunately it was very cold and poor Madi had a fever but we were all able to have a wonderful time together. I think that this will become a family tradition and hopefully more of our children and grandchildren will be able to join us.

2 comments:

Christy said...

This was such a great weekend!-not great pictures of me though...Thanks again for a fabulous weekend! Ryan and I are still drooling over th PF Changs dinner! I found that recipe for PF Changs lettuce wraps this week and made them- So good!!!

Christy said...

oh and I love the picture of madi...that's her look alright!- you don't know whether to tickle her to get a smile or squeeze her really tight!