Friday, November 6, 2009

Update

I had another appointment with the Pulmonologist and it seems that the current antibiotic is helping a little but the infection seems to be hanging on.  He extended it for another week.  I’ve been on four antibiotics in the last three months and am a bit worried although I want the infection gone.  My voice is not as raspy and my cough isn’t as tight.  I’m still very shaky and have a hard time getting a deep breath. 

If I didn’t have my laptop and the internet I would be going bonkers.  I can’t stand just laying around and watching TV.  At least now I can work on some Internet classes and Digital Scrapbooks.

Today’s Favorites:

Brussels Sprouts.  I know this sounds weird but lately I’ve craved them and steam a bowl of them almost every day.  They must have something in them that my body needs. 

A few facts from Wikipedia:  Brussels sprouts are among the same family that includes cabbage, collard greens, broccoli, kale, and kohlrabi: they are cruciferous. They contain good amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and dietary fibre. Moreover, they are believed to protect against colon cancer, due to their containing sinigrin[citation needed]. Although they contain compounds such as goitrin that can act as goitrogens and interfere with thyroid hormone production, realistic amounts in the diet do not seem to have any effect on the function of the thyroid gland in humans

No comments: