Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bob

Today Bob is at the Stake Center helping to prepare for the satellite feed for Stake Conference this weekend.  Bob loves his calling and I’m so glad that the people in this area appreciate his talents.  Sometimes he is gone a lot but I can’t complain because his willingness to help others is one of the reasons that I fell in love with him.

TODAY’S FAVORITES: 

Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine

Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine

I picked up this bread machine last week when I dropped Stefan off at the Airport to go to Air Force Boot Camp.  Bob and I want to use our wheat and since I don’t often feel up to kneading and baking four loaves at a time I tried to get a decent loaf out of the bread machine that we have but it just wasn’t working well.  

Jerri Ann had just purchased this machine and when I was staying with her we really enjoyed the whole wheat bread.  When I first tried this new machine it didn’t mix the bread very well.  I finally discovered that the right paddle wasn’t turning so I gave it a bit of a nudge and now it seems to be working.  I baked three very bad loaves before I figured this out.  We have had one good load and I hope that it continues to work and that we don’t have to send it back.

Bob has been eating a slice every day with some local honey on it and he seems to really enjoy it.  That makes it worth it.  It takes me minutes to add the ingredients and then about 3 1/2 hours before the house smells divine.  I really like that this makes a 2 lb. loaf and has two paddles.  The load is baked horizontally instead of vertically like the other machines.  

1 comment:

Christy said...

COOL!! I bet you love having that bread machine! I think the smell that it fills your house with would make it worth it alone!-and getting bread too of course!