Thursday, February 12, 2009

365 Days - Day 43 - Breakfast at Tiffany's

I had to go back and watch this movie again, it had been years. Of course Audrey Hepburn was amazing and soooo beautiful and elegant and George Peppard was very handsome and perfect for the part. I was only three years old when the movie came out and by the time I saw it it was already a classic.

Here is Audrey Hepburn singing Moom River in the movie.

What I remember most is the song, "Moon River" sung by Andy Williams. For those of you who haven't heard this before PLEASE listen here on YouTube. Here are the lyrics:

Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day. Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker, wherever you're going I'm going your way. Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end-- waiting 'round the bend, my huckleberry friend, Moon River and me. music by Henry Mancini, lyrics by Johnny Mercer

My Grandparents had this album and we played it a lot. I'm going to have to search for the CD. It brings back lots of memories of my sister and I around the record player sighing over Andy's dreamy voice and lyrics. We knew all the words and sang along.


I remember having a crush on Andy Williams. He was so handsome and sang so beautifully and I was just a girl. He also seemed so gracious. He had a variety show on TV (1959 to 1971) that also starred the Osmond Brothers (Huge 70's singing group) when they were young and lots of other stars. When the Andy Williams show came on we all gathered around the TV and laughed at silly skits and were amazed at the wonderful music. For those of us old enough to remember, there were only three TV stations back then and they came on at a certain time in the morning and went off the air at midnight (after playing the National Anthem) when they displayed a test color pattern or just snow. Since entertainment was so limited, good shows were an event for the whole family.

Here is Andy Williams with the Osmond Brothers on the Andy Williams Show

It is so strange how the mind works, I think of "Breakfast At Tiffany's" and I write about Andy Williams. My 365 Day challenge is going to be 365 Days of memories. Oh well at least I am journaling and Scrapbooking.
______________________________________________________________________

Assignment:



Lets try something different this week. I am going to give you a movie title and see how you are inspired by the film.



"Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961)




Inspiration could come from the beautiful Miss Audrey Hepburn; her fashion, poise and elegance. Try looking at the title; breakfast. Maybe the famous scenes of Audrey window shopping at Tiffanys will inspire your photograph today.

No comments: