Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snapshot of My Life - February - Nature

I love the beauty and mystery of nature. Winter has it's own beauty as well. It can be cold and lonley but it can also blanket the world in silence that makes me ponder life and it's beauty. I remember walking to school (during College) in the early mornings when I was the first one on the snow and it was such a spiritual feeling to listen to the silence and witness the beauty. Later in the day the snow is marred with tracks and dirty so it is nice to witness it before life stirs it up.


This morning I woke up to lots of snow. It was different from our previous storms, the snow was heavy and weighed down the branches of the trees. We have four beautiful Globe Willow Trees in our yard and they are beautiful all of the time but especially with this heavy snow. I couldn't help but grab the camera and take pictures.



I love the following quote, especially when you consider the author:

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

- Anne Frank

No comments: